The World’s Polluted—You Don’t Have to Be!
Environmental Pollution: A Growing Threat
According to the Environmental Protection Agency and other leading sources, U.S. industry releases over 4 billion pounds of toxic chemicals—including 72 million pounds of recognized carcinogens—into the environment each year.1,2 This environmental pollution puts your patients at risk for exposure to heavy metals such as:
- cadmium, which is inhaled from polluted air and eaten in food raised in contaminated soil
- lead, which comes from numerous sources, including drinking water, contaminated soil, household dust, and lead-based paint in older homes.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Third National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals, 1.6% of all American children ages 1 year to 5 years have elevated blood lead levels—and about 5% of the population aged 20 and older have high urinary cadmium levels.3
MetalloClear: A Clear Difference
Fortunately, you can fight back against our polluted environment with MetalloClear, a revolutionary approach to enhancing heavy metal metabolism. MetalloClear helps patients stay healthy in a toxic environment by providing specialized support to naturally enhance the body’s clearance of specific heavy metals that can negatively impact health and vitality.
Research suggests that metal-binding proteins called metallothioneins (MTs) play an important role in heavy metal detoxification.4,5 Zinc, in turn, plays a central role in the metal-inducible transcriptional activation of metallothionein and other genes involved in metal homeostasis and cellular stress response.4,5 MetalloClear is made from a proprietary formula containing zinc (as zinc citrate), Andrographis (Andrographis paniculata), Turmeric (Curcuma Longa), Hops (Humulus lupulus), and Luduxin®†.
Exciting new research* suggests that MetalloClear’s ingredients:
- Support the clearance of specific heavy metals, but do not facilitate the excretion of certain healthful minerals such as calcium, magnesium, selenium, and zinc
- Have no serious reported adverse effects, unlike some other approaches
* Based on clinical evaluations at the Functional Medicine Research CenterSM—the clinical research arm of Metagenics.
† Luduxin® consists of reduced-iso-alpha acids (from hops extract, Humulus lupulus) and magnesium salt produced via a proprietary process.
- Scorecard: The Pollution Information Site. Pollution Locator: Toxic Chemical Releases. www.scorecard.org/env-releases/us-map.tcl. Accessed March 19, 2008.
- Environmental Protection Agency, TRI Explorer. Releases: Chemical Report. http://www.epa.gov/cgi-bin/broker?view=USCH&trilib=TRIQ0&sort=_VIEW_&sort_fmt=1&state=All+states&county=All+counties
&_program=xp_tri.sasmacr.tristart.macro. Accessed March 19, 2008.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Third National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals 2005. http://www.cdc.gov/exposurereport/report.htm. Accessed March 20, 2008.
- Yongyi B, Palmiter R, Wood K, Qiang M. Induction of metallothionein I by phenolic antioxidants requires metal-activated transcription factor 1 (MTF-1) and zinc. Biochem J 2004;380(6):695-703.
- Saydam N, Adams T, Steiner F, Schaffner W, Freedman J. Regulation of metallothionein transcription by the metal-responsive transcription factor MTF-1. J Biol Chem 2002;277(73):20438-20445
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.